December 1 & 2, 2017
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a cognitive neuroscientist with a PhD in Communication Pathology and a BSc Logopaedics specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology. Since the early 1980‘s she has researched the mind-brain connection and did some of the initial research back in the late 80's showing the neuroplasticity of the brain. During her years in clinical practice and her work with thousands of underprivileged teachers and students in SA and Africa as a Communication Pathologist and cognitive neuroscientist, she developed an original theory of how we think as well as tools and processes that have transformed the lives of patients with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), learning disabilities (ADD, ADHD), autism, dementias, emotional mental health issues and has shown thousands of students and adults and corporates how to use their mind to detox and grow their brain. She currently teaches globally at conferences and churches and to secular audiences on these topics. Dr. Leaf is involved in the global ECHO movement training physicians worldwide on the mind. She also works with a panel of top neurosurgeons, neurologists, MD's, ob/gyn's, endocrinologists and neuroscientists who she consults and does research with. She has a TV show called "The Dr Leaf Show" on TBN airing daily in different countries and in multiple languages, reaching millions globally. Her passion is to help people see the power of the mind to change the brain as well as to see the link between science and God as a tangible way of controlling their thoughts and emotions, learning how to think and learn and finding their sense of purpose in life.
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport Hotel offers sensory experiences to enhance your well-being in a newly renovated environment. Recharge in our Westin Workout Fitness Studio, refresh in our rooftop heated pool and replenish at one of our Irving best restaurants.
Conveniently established for any traveler, The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport Hotel offers an unrivaled experience. You'll find this sanctuary located near a number of Dallas attractions, including Dallas sporting events, college football, golf, downtown museums.
Do you want to learn how to detox your thought life and become happier and healthier in your mind and body, more prosperous, and more intelligent?! Well - when we move into our “love zone,” we will operate in our Perfect You - the place where we control toxic thinking and achieve the above! This is the conference that will help you to: understand the Perfect You and the UQ profile, how to make stress work for you and not against you, how to do the 21daybraindetox to detox your thought life and achieve mental health. You will learn that you can choose how you react because your mind controls your brain!
You will discover the key principles of thinking healthy thoughts and eradicating toxic thought patterns from my book, "Switch on your brain"; how to step in and stay in the Perfect You using the Perfect You profile (UQ), and discomfort zones, which sound the “alarm” in our consciousness when we step out of the love zone and into the damaging fear zone.
• A PANEL PRESENTATION DISCUSSION AND Q&A with Dr. Leaf and her team of medical experts
• AND A COUNSELING/COACHING SESSION with examples and exercises of Dr. Leaf’s programs including the new exciting Ambassadors Program!
DAY ONE: Understanding the Perfect You from my new book The Perfect You: A Blueprint for Identity how each of us uniquely thinks, chooses and feels.
|Friday, December 1 (Registration 5:00 - 6:30 PM)|
Session ONE: The Perfect You
6:30 - 8:00 PM
1. Experience—what "it" feels like—is anything but abstract. What we mean when we say that feeling the wind elicits an "experience" is that it does something to us in particular. We will discuss how we see and interact with the world in unique way. This is the Perfect You: it is how each of us thinks, feels, and chooses—it is our particular way of thinking—it is how we are wired
2. The default ingredients of our humanity are joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control, compassion, calmness, inspiration, excitement, hope, anticipation, satisfaction, and so on (Gal. 5:22–23). When we are in our "love zone," as I like to call it, we operate in our Perfect You and move into positive stress, which is good for us as it makes us alert and focused; toxic stress has the opposite reaction, since the mind changes the brain and thus impacts the body. We can choose how we react, and whether we step into our out of our Perfect You.
3. We will discuss the philosophy and the science behind the Perfect You. Topics include materialism, interactive-dualism, idealism, the seven metacognitive models and Quantum Physics. This part of the session will help you better understand the Perfect You, since it will explain the origins and development of my approach to human identity, that is the way we unique think, choose and feel.
|Friday, December 1|
Session TWO: The Perfect You
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM
1. In this session, we will look at the Unique-Qualitative (UQ) Assessment tool and Perfect You checklist. We will discuss why the UQ profile is not an IQ test, since a numerical score based on answers to a limited number of questions is not an indication of your potential—it is merely a snapshot in time, while in actual fact you are constantly changing. The UQ profile is also not a personality test. You are not a category. You are not part of a group; you are your own category and group. Nor is the UQ profile a popular EQ (emotional quotient) or SQ (social quotient) questionnaire, because emotions and social interactions are complex, unlimited, and varying. They are part of a complex whole and, as such, cannot be reduced. The Perfect You profile recognizes and honors the unique, magnificent potential in you.
2. Lastly, we will go through the discomfort zones, and how we can use our discomfort zones to keep in our Perfect You. Discomfort zones are zones in our spirits, minds, and bodies that alert us to when we are stepping out of our Perfect You. These zones sound the “alarm” in our consciousness when we step out of the love zone and into the damaging fear zone, which we learnt about in Session 2. I will show you how the discomfort zones are a gracious gift from God to keep us in his love zone by quite literally bringing those thoughts into captivity.
3. Introduction of doctors on the panel.
4. Explanation of Q&A questions submission
DAY TWO: Learning how to Switch on Your Brain from my book Switch on Your Brain: taking thoughts captive and renewing the mind, including a description and walk through of the 21 Day Brain Detox.
|Saturday, December 2|
Session ONE: Switch on Your Brain
9:00 AM - 11:20 AM
1. Learn how to detox your thought life and become happier, healthier in your mind and body, more prosperous, and more intelligent. We will cover the key principles of thinking healthy thoughts and eradicating toxic thought patterns from my book Switch On Your Brain.
2. A discussion of the 21 Day Brain Detox Plan, including examples and exercises. I will teach you how the 21 Day Brain Detox can positively affect the way you live your life, and truly enable you to offer yourself as a “living sacrifice”—body, mind and spirit—every day for the rest of your life (Romans 12:2).
3. A 45 min talk on how to eat real food mindfully by Jessica Leaf, Director of the Wholemind Project www.wholemindproject.com
4. All questions for Q&A must be submitted by 11:30
|Saturday, December 2 (Organic brunch snack bag 11:20 AM - 12:00 PM)|
Panel Q&A and Discussion
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
1. A question and answer session on science, the bible, and spirit, soul and body health and the topics discussed in the conference from a scientific, spiritual and clinical perspective.
|Saturday, December 2 (Break 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM)|
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
1. A discussion of the principles of Switch on Your Brain, Think and Eat Yourself Smart and The Perfect You in the context of renewing the mind on a daily basis, with specific techniques for applying Dr. Leaf’s programs in the fields of counseling or coaching in both Christian and secular institutions using the apps and book combinations.
2. Explanation of the new TeamLeaf Program by the Switch on Your Brain TeamLeaf team.
Meet & Greet
3:30 PM - 4:15 PM